What is VBA? It is Versatile Blogger Award. It is not prestigious but for fun to create community in the blogging world.
There are just a couple rules to this award.
A. Thank the blogger who nominated you. So a big thank you to futureflyingsaucers! I thoroughly enjoy her blog and highly recommend it.
B. Nominate 15 other bloggers with the VBA. Here are some blogs that I enjoy. I know, I know, I do not have 15, but 10 is close. So here they are … in no particular order.
1. keepingupwiththecolleges – This is my sister-in-law’s blog and I love her pictures and posts about my precious nephews whom were both adopted from China.
2. savoringalloflife – This is my hubby’s cousin and her hubby’s blog about life as they head overseas to be missionaries.
3. ernieandmichelle – This is a friend from college.
4. noreimerreason – Another friend from college. We used to work together in housekeeping! Wow, that feels like eons ago.
5. thegosherts – Another friend from college. What fun we had in handbells!
6. minimalistathome – No one I personally know but of all the blogs about minimalism I have enjoyed hers the most. Very real and practical.
7. bemorewithless – Another minimalist blog. I particularly like her mini missions.
8. sugarceo – Someone I know from waaaay back in high school! She has such a fun way with words that you will love reading her blog too.
Here are some I would nominate … if I could figure out how to leave them a comment of their blog to let them know.
9. coguakids – Friends a bible study group we did together once. One adopted child, two biological children, one with DS.
10. ingrahaminfo – Friends from our bible study group.
C. Tell you seven things about myself that you might not already know.
1. My hubby was so happy to find out when we were dating that I preferred action movies. Please NO horror or stupid humor comedy for me. Generally dramas are not at the top of my list either unless they are based on a true story.
2. I once had a pig collection.
3. My sister is my bff 🙂 and I pray my girls have the same relationship we do.
4. I do not mind watching football or golf on TV.
5. Before my hubby brainwashed me I would usually choose food (savory) over dessert (sweet).
6. Candy is nothing to me. Chocolate on the other hand ….
7. I hate naps (for myself … I love them for my kids). When I was younger it was because I felt like wasted time. Now it is because if I take a nap then I cannot fall asleep at night and I like my sleep.